What I do for In-House Teams:
- control spend and cost;
- create value-add for the business;
- increase team engagement; and
- enhance relationship with external providers.
What I do for Law Firms:
- create unique client experiences for firm clients;
- enhance competitive advantage;
- improve employee engagement; and
- amplify operational efficiency.
My services cover a number of areas including:
- creation and implementation of an innovation strategy;
- lead compelling and creative experiences that strike a balance between business and legal needs;
- design and implementation of appropriate process and technology innovations;
- implementation of design thinking to improve service delivery;
- legal service audits (internal and client-facing);
- preparation of, and response to, legal service RFPs; and
- thought leadership, advice, monitoring and analysis of the changing nature of legal services.
Thought Leader and legal operations advisor with global credibility and international experience.
Fastcase 50 Innovator Award honouree.
Fellow of the College of Law Practice Management.
Author of two critically-acclaimed books on legal operations transformation:
- The Great Legal Reformation: Notes from the Field,
- Avoiding Extinction: Reimagining Legal Services for the 21st Century
General counsel experience.
International law firm partner experience.
Gowling WLG Visiting Professor in Legal Service Innovation at the University of Calgary Law School.
Strong communicator with the ability to tell compelling stories to clearly articulate ideas and motivate cross-functional teams.
Translator of customer feedback, market intelligence, corporate vision, and business strategy into innovation road maps.
Excellent knowledge of Change Management, Service Design, Design Thinking, Lean and Project Management.
Substantial Board of Directors experience on two major Canadian real estate corporations – ICD.D corporate governance designation.
Speaker on legal service innovation at conferences around the world.
Writer for a variety of publications around the world about the challenges of legal operations.
Often asked by international and national news media for comment on legal operations in the global legal services industry.